The Usage tab of the Currant App shows you exactly how much electricity each of your devices that is plugged into Currant uses, and if you connect your utility provider, how much that electricity costs.
To set up your utility provider, follow these steps:
- From the Usage tab, tap on the section that says "Estimate your costs by entering your energy provider details."
- Tap on the green "Connect" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your zip code to select from a list of providers in your area, or tap on "Set a custom rate" and enter your rate in cents per kWH.
- If you enter your zip code, tap on the green "Search" button. On the next screen you will see a list of providers in your area.
- Select your provider and tap "Save".
Please note that the rates for each provider are average daily rates for your zip code. They do not take into account any incentives, tiered pricing or other specific rates based on time of day. Currant uses the average rate for your local utility to provide an estimate of the cost of your electricity consumption. The actual cost to you of running your appliance or device depends on many factors including, but not limited to, volume pricing based on your household-level electricity consumption, special incentives from your provider and time-of-date or seasonal variable rates.