Before you start, make sure you have a Currant WiFi Smart Outlet. You can identify the WiFi-enabled version of the outlet by the WiFi symbol on the back of the device (near the serial number).
When you set up the WiFi Smart Outlet for the first time, you will be prompted in the app to connect to WiFi. If you choose "Set up later" or want to connect to a different WiFi network, follow these steps:
- On the Dashboard screen of your app, tap the right-facing arrow next to the outlet name.
- Tap the Edit icon in the top right corner.
- Tap "Configure WiFi" and you will see a list of available WiFi networks.
- Tap the network you want your Currant Smart Outlet to join, enter the password and click connect. (Currant can only connect to 2.4 GHz wireless networks.)
- The status bar on top of the Get Connected screen shows the connection status. Once all three icons turn green, your device is connected to WiFi.