Here are some ideas of devices you can plug in to your Currant Smart Outlet:
Energy Hogs: Many devices still use idle energy (also known as vampire energy or standby power) even when they're off. Plug these devices into Currant and set schedules to power them off completely when they're not in use:
Controllable Devices: One of the best features of a smart plug is the ability to control anything you plug into it from your app or a voice assistant like Google Home or Amazon Alexa. Try these ideas:
Lights or lamps
Large Appliances: Sometimes you just want to know how much energy different devices in your home use, even though you don't want to turn them off. Currant can handle anything you can plug into a 15 amp outlet, so try these:
Electric vehicle charger
Forgettable Devices: Currant can shut off power to devices that you might forget to turn off, or that you don't want to be turned on by accident. Lock individual outlets or set a usage limit rule to disable devices after a set period of time.
For safety guidance, please read the SAFETY section of the printed instructions located on the inside of the packaging sleeve in which you received your Currant Smart Outlet. You should not plug in electronic devices that are not intended to operate without supervision, and critical electrical devices such as life-support equipment and medical devices.
• For indoor use only.
• DO NOT use in wet or damp areas.
• DO NOT exceed the recommended electrical ratings.
• DO NOT remove ground pin (middle pin), nor use with any ground adapter.
• DO NOT use with devices that should not be operated unattended.
• DO NOT use with medical or life support equipment.
• DO NOT use in locations with flammable gases or fumes.
• DO NOT clean with liquid; to clean, unplug from wall and wipe with dry cloth.
• Remote control of appliances may result in unintentional or automated activation of power.
• Disassembling the product or making repairs will void the warranty and risks electric shock. If you need service, please contact us.