There are two versions of the Currant Smart Outlet: WiFi-enabled plus Bluetooth; and Bluetooth-only.
You can identify the WiFi-enabled version of the outlet by the WiFi symbol on the back of the device (near the serial number).
If you have a Bluetooth-only version of Currant, you will not be able to connect that device to WiFi--unless you have also purchased a WiFi-enabled version of Currant. (After you have set up the WiFi-enabled unit--and assuming you have one or more Bluetooth-only versions of Currant plugged in somewhere in your home--you should be able to control all units remotely.)
When you plug in the WiFi-enabled outlet, you should be prompted in the app to connect to WiFi. During setup, a list of available WiFi networks is presented on GET CONNECTED screen. Click the network you want your Currant Smart Outlet to join, enter the WifI password and click Connect. The status bar on top of GET CONNECTED screen shows the status of connection. Once all 3 icons turn green your device is connected to WiFi. If you choose SET UP LATER on the GET CONNECTED screen or want to connect to a different WiFi network you can go to WiFi setup by following these steps:
- Click the arrow next to outlet name on Dashboard screen
- Click the edit icon on top right side of outlet screen
- Click Configure Wifi and you will be presented with available WiFi networks on the GET CONNECTED screen.
- Click the network you want your Currant Smart Outlet to join, enter the password and click connect.
- The status bar on top of the GET CONNECTED screen shows the status of connection. Once all 3 icons turn green your device is connected to WiFi.